Sunday, January 31, 2016

Numbers and Other Stuff Drew's Learning


A new friend of mine reminded me of this simple activity for hands on learners when I mentioned how I thought that's what Drew was and that he is having difficulty with a handful of his numbers.  I set it up for him the next day, and I promise he has barely missed a number since then.  Another added bonus was that he did the activity all by himself once I got him set up.  Now that he knows the first ten, he's been very curious when he sees two numbers together and always asks me what that number makes when such and such number is next to such and such number.  He's the kind of boy who has a million questions in his pocket at all times, and it is refreshing to see this new variety of curiosity take the place of some of the ridiculous questions I get pelted with all day.

No comments: