Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Am I Three Today?


My littlest guy woke up asking, "Am I three today?"  He reminded us all day that he was three.  I was able to use up some of our last ingredients to bake a small 8 piece brownie cake in the apartment.  I baked it in the morning and we went outside to the playground next to our apartment to eat the "cake" and sing to our big boy.  I found three candles, but couldn't find where our lighters were packed, so we just pretended they were lit.


After they played on the playground for a while, we walked over to the chapel for our last daily Mass in Germany and got Bobby a birthday blessing from our priest as we said good bye to him.  

Bobby was all too happy with the meager celebrations, and the even more meager gifts.  We had his birthday gift shipped to my sister's house in Texas where we would be staying just a few days after his birthday.  The only gift we had for him on his birthday was a Chase Paw Patrol lollipop keeper.  Why, oh why, didn't anyone tell me not to spend money or time on a big celebration for children because they appreciate the small things so much more when there isn't the big to-do?  

We didn't even do a family dinner out as is typically our tradition because I had a good friend in need of help for an emergency situation that night.  We brought pizza to our hotel/apartment for a family dinner in and then I had to leave and Daddy and the girls held down the fort for the rest of the evening.

We love you, Bobby!  You are a joy and bring so much to our family.  As you frequently say to me, Bob, "I'm eating you up because I love you so much!"

No comments: