Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Buddies When There's No One Else???

Hannah and Genevieve had been helping a little extra with babysitting as I cleaned the house for the final inspection and we had our last pick ups.  So, I decided that they were at their limit with being patient with the boys and I would take any boys not napping that I could for some of our boring appointments, vehicle registration, etc.  One afternoon, I told Drew and Judah they were going with us to an appointment and they were not super pumped about it.

Drew begged us to leave him with all sorts of promises to be good.  He was refused.

Judah had a funny and good point, "Why are you taking the two people that don't get along, Mom?"  I told him that I just was and that they could get along.



After the initial resistance passed they actually had a good time together.  They played Tic-tac-toe with each other and Brian and myself.  Then they discovered some abandoned sand toys in the pebbles outside the door of the building.  I propped the door open and watched them play very happily for the rest of the appointment.  In fact, they got along better the rest of the day too, even once we returned to our apartment.  Perhaps they just needed to be forced together and not have so many choices for playmates.  Later on we all went swimming and the two of them played a good long game of Monkey in the Middle with me before Drew tried to drown Judah. 

I'm only kind of kidding.

No comments: