Thursday, August 16, 2018

Good-Byes Everywhere we Turn

We went to our favorite local Italian restaurant and ordered our family favorite, the Schafkase (Feta cheese with olive oil, olives, peppers, tomatoes, and spices baked and served hot with pizza bread).


I had to leave early because I was meeting someone back at the house, but Brian and Genevieve stayed and shared a dessert.  Brian LOVES this place and really had to drag himself away.  The previous owner, the mother of the chef and current owner, has always been so sweet to us and we were sad to say good bye.


For a month we've been in the house with very minimal toys.  I have to say it's been nice and for a while there I was thinking we should just get rid of all our other toys, but then they started to get really bored when we were at home.  We had to get creative to keep the little ones busy.  Isaac mad Bob this car track and city on a brown paper bag.


Our really good family friends said their last good bye after church on Sunday.



Brian and I went to the old, 500 year old to be exact, bar in a village close to ours for one last time.  There was supposed to be a jazz festival there, but then the World Cup changed everything.  They cancelled the festival all due to the World Cup soccer game because they said that no one would come.  We enjoyed some delicious flammkuchen and talked with the owners for a long time.  They don't speak hardly any English and so they always have spoken German to us.  I do still have trouble when people talk too fast or just some accents are harder for me, but they were very easy to understand and I left feeling very proud that I had such a long conversation in German.  Granted, he was a talker and didn't require too many full sentences from me, but still it felt good to have made some progress since living in Germany for so many years altogether.


Its' not my favorite thing to have my picture taken when I'm eating, can you tell?
Of course, we had to say good bye to our hair dressers too!  Everyone got a fresh haircut right before moving.    Isaac got his first real, non buzz cut haircut from a salon.  He's been more interested in styling it and so I thought it was time.


Genna also had to get a toner on her hair to cover up the fading blue hair.  It is a shade darker than her normal color now, but she loves it.


At the furnished apartment, the boys and I had to get really cozy to read bedtime stories on Hannah's twin bed.  I didn't mind it one single bitty bit.  I love to read picture books to my boys, and I really love to cuddle!




No comments: