Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Neck and Cheeks

I may have mentioned this about my youngest, but since he's potty training and growing up on me, I wanted to make sure and get it on record with pictures so I can remember this about Bob.  He loves to touch my cheeks, neck, and now squeeze my arms.  He started this towards the end of his nursing time and it amplified after he weaned.  He sometimes comes over just to check in with me and touch my neck or cheeks.  


One time he started to touch my cheeks with dirty hands and I pulled away and told him no cheeks when  his hands are dirty.  So he now usually informs me that his hands are not dirty when he is reaching for my cheeks, or he says they are dirty and goes for my neck instead.


Most recently, he's started squeezing my arms and calling me "Squishy Mommy."  I'm not thrilled with my new nickname, but his dimples are too hard to resist.  He still tells me he loves me all day long, but I do sense him growing up and getting okay with being further and further from Mommy.  He is starting to want to do what all the kids do and not always content to just stay with Mommy.


No comments: