Saturday, August 11, 2018

At the Beach on a "Hot" Day

We had a surprise last minute visit from our favorite priest, come from Rome for one last stay with us before we leave Germany.  Nearly as soon as he arrived, we packed up and headed to a lake with a man made beach about an hour away (in two cars.)  Hannah stayed home because it was too hot she said.  

That's a giant slide in the background.

Parking was a little difficult because it was such a hot day that everyone in the area also decided to go to the See (pronounced like tzay, means lake)  otherwise known as the "beach."  However, it wasn't too crowded on the sandy area.  Most people were in the water or on the grassy area.  There were food stands all over and we had lunch.  There was also a giant playground in the sand and a very tall slide.  I even got a sweaty nap in the sun while the guys watched the kids play in the lake.  I know it's weird but I love sweaty naps in the sun.




The kids brought their Army men because they got the idea to set up the Utah beach battle that they learned about in Normandy.  The irony was not lost on me when some little German kids kept trampling their Army men.  






We had no sand toys to bring other than the Army men since all our stuff was shipped, but the little guys managed to find some abandoned toys anyway.

I borrowed a sewing machine because mine kept getting the thread all tangled up.  I just wanted to finish my nephew's towel so I could bring it with me to Texas to give him his very late birthday gift.  Now all the boys on my side of the family have a superhero towel, though Isaac outgrew his and now just has a plain towel with his name sewn on.


No comments: