Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A discussion about the new baby with Hannah

Well, whenever I say a prayer for our new little baby, Hannah says, "No, baby brother" with a strong emphasis on "brother." So, I have been trying to explain that it might be another sister and that would be just as great. Tonight when I tried again to explain this, she relented and said, "Well, maybe we can have both... (she pauses and I can almost see the wheels turning) OR we can have a hundred of them, Mom!" Whoa! I don't know about a hundred, twins would be hard enough!

So, we then read a story about the first Christmas. I asked her what Mary named her baby. She answered me correctly and then said, "Oh Mom, I want to name our new baby Jesus too!" I told her that was "nice... and interesting" but that her dad and I thought we would name the baby Isaac if it's a boy. She said, "Well, I'm going to call him Jesus!" Well, that will be interesting. I hope she forgets about that decision. What a little mind she has going!

No comments: