Friday, November 2, 2007

Why?

That is Genna's new word. I hear it a million times a day. Isn't she a little young for that? I mean she's not even 18 months yet. The first time she asked, "Why?" was before a bath when she was asking to take her soft cloth baby doll in the tub ("Baby doll bathtub?") and I said no. She said, "Why?" clear as day, so much so that I turned around to see if it was Hannah asking. Hannah wasn't even in the room. I smiled and said, "Did you just ask me why?" She just wrinkled up her nose, giggled, and said it again. That was several days ago, and since then she asks me every time I tell her no.

Genna: Yogurt spoon, Mommy?

Me: No, baby.

Genna: Why?

Me: It's almost dinner time.

I know Hannah didn't ask this early, but I suppose maybe Genna learned it from her now. I don't really notice Hannah asking me "Why?" even now, but maybe it is more noticeable coming from Genna because she is so young. It seems out of place, but kind of cute! It makes me want to give her whatever she's asking for. However, I am Miss Consistent so I don't. I have to say, my littlest girl is very charming these days.

No comments: