Friday, March 13, 2009

Where does the time go?

I have not been blogging as much as usual, and I have barely even noticed on top of that! I must have truly been busy this week, but for the life of me I can't come up with a solid list of things that I have actually accomplished! I guess that's the epitome of motherhood, right? Always busy, but never having much proof! Hopefully, one day my kids will be my proof, but I have a long long road ahead of me before I can (Lord willing!) step back and say,"Look what I accomplished!" Speaking of my little master pieces in the making...

Isaac has a talent that I just get a kick out of! He can open any wipes box, any diaper cream tube, or baby lotion bottle (which I sometimes have to work at!) I frequently turn around only to find him tearing all the wipes out of the box or just about to drink baby lotion. I call him Houdini!Hannah has had a rough week. Bless her heart, she's having a lot of trouble with getting dressed in the morning, not to mentioned the new found naughty behavior of kicking her little sister. She's lost too many privileges to count. On top of all that, she came down with a major case of hives. By the way, I have never actually seen hives before so I am sure the doctor was laughing at me the minute he left the room. He was smiling before he even left the office. What do I know, I thought she got Poison Ivy at school or something! She's on a regular dose of Benedryl now, and they get better for a few hours until the meds start to wear off.


Genevieve has also had a tough time. She has just been bursting into tears for no reason (well, I guess she has a reason, just not one worthy of the water works in my opinion.) Tonight at dinner she said, "I don't like beef." I replied that there wasn't any beef on her plate because it is Friday during Lent and we don't eat meat on these days. Hannah proceeds to repeat everything I just said. Genna, poor thing, bursts into tears and says, "I was just saying I don't like beef!" I tried to hide my smile. I don't know what's up with her! She's usually such a sweety and good about using her words to tell me how she feels. Lack of sleep is usually the cause for this kind of behavior for her, but she's been sleeping plenty. I guess it's just one of those things I'll never figure out.

No comments: