Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hand sewing is a lot more time consuming!

Since my sewing machine went kaput in the middle of a project for my cousin, I decided to hand sew the rest. So, needless to say, it took a bit longer.

Beach Bag/Toiletry Bag
I didn't use a pattern of any kind for this and that is a first for me. It is a beach bag or a toiletry bag for my cousin who is starting college this year. I used to babysit her and her sisters when we were young. Well, I am probably spoiling the surprise for her, but I just get so excited when I finish a project that I can't wait to post it. Anyway, I used hand towels, wash cloths, and cloth ribbon to make this. The strap is what gave me trouble. I made three straps before I found one that I liked. I also embroidered her initial on the front. Here is my very own Hannah modeling it for you in her swim suite and cover up. The bag is going to eat her up! She's so petite!

Personalized Baby Blanket

Here is a baby blanket that I personalized for someone who works with my husband. The elephant was already there. I just embroidered the name.

Night Owl Blanket

This is also going to spoil a surprise, but who cares! This is for a dear friend of mine back in the states who just had her first boy. It is also a sort of creation of mine based off my nursing cover that has a towel on one corner for spit up. This is a blanket that I embroidered an owl on, and I needed something to cover up the back side of the embroidery. So I used a white wash cloth and hand sewed it onto the back corner of the blanket.

Blueberry Purses

For the two big sisters I made these matching purses that I have been wanting to make ever since I saw them on another mom's blog (I can't remember which because it was so long ago) and here is where to find the directions. I do have a few surprises for this mom though that I won't post. :)


Boy, do I feel like I accomplished something in the last month!

No comments: