Friday, August 21, 2009

I knew you could do it!

After I got the girls in their rooms for quiet time, I was spending a few minutes with just Isaac. He was begging to go outside, signing outside and saying "Out" over and over again. So I thought we would sit on the step where we would be covered and he could stick his hand out and feel the rain. The baby pool was still out and filled up on the patio from yesterday, and he kept reaching for it. I stood him up and held his hands out to feel the rain. And he took off...WALKING! He walked all the way into the baby pool without stopping or falling, about 7 steps! I praised him and caught him before he sat in the cold water. I stood him back at the door again to see if I could get him to do it again, and he did it two more times before he realized that he was walking and sat down to crawl. Until this, he had only taken one step at any given time. I wonder how long it will be until he tries it again.

What a stinker you are, Isaac! All this time I knew you could do it, but no matter how hard I tried to get you to walk you always sat down and crawled instead. You just needed the right motivation.

edited after bedtime***Later on today, he walked between 5 and 8 steps over and over again to me or one of the girls. Yea! I was really thinking it wouldn't happen again for a while.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Good job Isaac!! :)

Love, Aunt Leah