Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hannah's Monkey Business

I may have mentioned before that Hannah has always been a picky dresser. She doesn't like tennis shoes, leggings, puffy coats, sweaters, jeans or other button down pants. The list goes on. I can't keep up and I don't try to. She has to wear what I pick out for her and if she complains there are consequences. All this is to set up the scene for my story here.

Hannah wanted to change into her jammies at about 5pm because her sister got to change pants due to an accident. They were button down pants that she didn't like. We had people coming over and I wanted her to wait until later to change. Rejected, she then asked to play dress up. I agreed if she would get dressed again before the guests arrived. When the time came to get dressed she asked where her jammies were because she claimed that her pants were too wet with dog slobber. I told her to bring them to me so I could check them. Here's where this mundane story gets interesting. She brings them to me and they are soaked. Soaked beyond dog slobber capabilities. Because my little girl is so much like me I knew instantly what had happened. Yes, that's right, she put them in the sink to make sure I would say that she didn't have to wear them. Unfortunately, she was caught and received a punishment in addition to having to wear the wet pants through dinner. She sat in front of the fan trying to dry them off until she fell asleep.

I have got to hand it to her, she is creative. I love my Hannah so much, faults and all.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this is hilarious! I don't give kids enough credit for how savvy they can be!