Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Paint-by-Number window into their souls

While I was out of town this weekend, my mom gave the girls a Paint-by-Number kit. They were so excited to show me when I got home. Hannah's picture had a girl with an inappropriate bathing suit on (Tsk tsk, Mimi!), and I asked her why she did't just paint some clothes on her. Her reply, "I have to follow the numbers, Mom." Paint-by-Number rules trump appropriate clothing rules, I guess.
Genna showed me hers and it was pretty, but I noticed some of the numbers were darkened out where you couldn't see them. Apparently, Genna messed up on one and then decided she didn't want to follow the numbers and she would just paint it whatever color she wanted. So she marked out the remaining numbers. A free spirit, if I ever saw one!

No comments: