Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Maybe

I bent down to kiss Genna when I got back from the store and saw a big bump, bruise, and cut, all in one, on her forehead. I asked her what happened and she said she didn't know. Later I was racking my brain to figure out if she did it at the pool or what could have happened. I wondered aloud about it again and she say, "Well maybe it happened in the bathroom when I got off the toilet. And maybe I bumped my head on the sharp corner of the bathroom counter." "Maybe?" I ask, "Or that's really what happened, Genevieve?" That's really what happened! I was cracking up at the word maybe with all the details. She is really something else.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Was she embarrassed?

Kelle said...

No, and I guess I should have mentioned that in the post because it is just as funny. Because I know my girl so well, I thought it was implied. The reason she didn't tell me is that she is still not sure if it happened or not. :) She is creative, but not that creative, so I am pretty sure it really happened given the details she gave.