Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not on my list

This project was not on my summer list, but I have good reasons for veering from my list. One I was still deciding whether or not I could make something here in Texas without all my supplies at home. When I found this tutorial, I just couldn't wait to start it. Plus, as you are reading this I am giving these as gifts while attending a mini reunion with my college girlfriends. Four of them are pregnant, but only two know what they are having as of yet...two new baby girls! Not to mention the severe sewing machine withdrawl I have been going through since this whole moving process began over two months ago. The hand-sewing I brought along just isn't cutting it! And on top of all that, I am waiting on the filler for my lap desks to arrive in the mail.

Anyway, if you popped over to see Mrs. Dork's cute outfit, then you may have noticed a few differences between hers and mine. One was on purpose and, I admit, one was not. I went with a complete halter instead of adding her cute tabs in the back. I don't know why, could be laziness. Then there are the bloomers. Somehow they ended up one pattern on one pants leg and one pattern on the other instead of one pattern in the front and one in the back. I have read and reread her tutorial and still don't know where I went wrong. I do know how to get the patterns in the right place, but as for how she got them in the right place I am still not sure. Maybe something is wrong with my brain or maybe I have just been away from the sewing machine too long! I vote for the latter. And you better too!

Here they are, but they sure would look cuter with some little girls in them!



I made this big sister dress to match too.

The big sis is close to Isaac's size, and so I used him to measure. I even had him try it on after it was finished, but he did not like that one bit. That surprised me since he lets Hannah dress him up like a girl all the time. See!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those turned out GREAT, Kelle! I just checked out her blog and added some of those bloomers to my list too. Mine probably will look really bad, but I am dying to try.

I've also been without a sewing machine now since May 20th and I am about to lose my mind. I have bought so much stuff while we were down here and have about 15 things to make when we get home. I can't wait!

almudena said...

thank you SO much kelle. they are beautiful. you are so talented!! isabella and lucia are going to love them. thank you! it was great to see you this weekend.

Emily said...

Thank you, Kelle! I *love* Maesyn's set! I know she will love them too! Thank you for sharing them with us.