Sunday, July 26, 2015

Back it up again to Cow Appreciation Day

I had written this post up, but I didn't get a chance to publish it before Bobby came.  So we'll take a break from Babyland for a minute.

The Tuesday before my due date, I told the kids that if they made their own costumes that I would take them to Chick-Fil-A to get their free dinners.  They were all more than willing except for Hannah who was convinced by the peer pressure at the last minute to throw a costume together.  I made Judah's out of an old white onesie and Isaac made Drew's for him.  Although I considered taping a pink (construction paper) udder to my big belly, I couldn't bring myself to do it.





The only bummer about this is that they only counted Genna and Judah as "dressed from head to toe" as a cow which meant that we got two free meals and three free entrees.  They had ears on their hats and headbands, but the lady said they had to have spots on their shorts to qualify for the meal.


One seriously cute cow!  He wouldn't take his costume off when we got home.  He slept in it and even wore it all the way to the pool the next morning before he agreed to take it off in exchange for his swimming suit.



I told the kids this had better be locked in their memories of all that their mother has done for them since I was days away from my due date and dragging them up to a very busy Chick-Fil-A with daddy out of town.  They really love Chick-Fil-A!

No comments: