Sunday, September 20, 2015

Two months is a big milestone.

I'm too cool to be 2 months old.
Bobby is 2 months old now.  He weighs over 13 lbs on our scale.  He smiles in response to our smiles and he has made those beginning chuckle sounds a few times when smiling at me, but no full laughs yet.  He is also calmed by my presence or my voice a lot of times.  When I come to get a crying Bobby from his crib, he often quiets down when he hears me and waits for me to unswaddle him and pick him up.  If one of the kids have him and he's crying, when I take him he usually immediately calms.  Genevieve is greatly offended by this and always says, "That's not fair!  How did you do that?"  Actually, it's totally fair.  I have sacrificed much for this little man to even be alive and cared for, and it is a nice reward to be able to calm him by my presence.

3-6 months clothes and size 2 diapers

These two love to get their diapers changed together.  We just set up an assembly line for mommy.

He likes his bouncy chair and his play gym.

Bath time is neither a favorite nor a hated activity.

He's a serious guy and I haven't got one of his good smiles on camera yet.

 His sleep is getting better now.  His naps are getting longer (some days anyway) and so are his stretches at night.  He usually has one stretch varying from 4 to 7 hours at night.  Here's a rough schedule...

7:30am wake and nurse
9am nap
10:00am wake and nurse
11:30am nap
1pm wake and nurse
2:30pm nap
3:30pm wake and nurse
5pm nap
6pm wake and nurse
7:30pm bedtime
8:30pm dreamfeed
11pm dreamfeed
wakes up between 3 and 5:30am (He does this most nights but occasionally makes it until 6:30am in which case we start the day early and celebrate.)




I feel like consistent mornings and bedtimes are important for establishing a routine.  I am trying to keep the morning wake time as close to 7:30am as possible to be consistent with the start of the day.  I even set my alarm just in case and wake him if he's still sleeping.  Also, I adjust things in the evenings so he can be in bed at 7:30pm or 8pm at night.  I have never done the two dreamfeeds before, but it is really working well with him to get that extra nursing in before bed right now.  His waketimes are stretching out to 1.5 hours more often, but not all the time.  If he's fussy, I am putting him down early.  If he wakes early, I am feeding him and carrying on with our cycle.  Most days he ends up back on track by the end of the day.

For the most part he is mellow.  I've had many people tell me that.


No comments: