Saturday, March 19, 2016

Brugges with Six Kids

This is my third time in Brugges.  I've seen the sites, minus the Flemish art museum.  This was a very short trip mainly with a specific purpose for Godfather Brian.  He needed to see an original manuscript.  I was hoping to get time for the museum, but we just didn't have enough time to make the museum worth the money.  All this is to say that all we did in Brugges, Belgium was walk around, drink beer (but not the kids!), eat waffles, french fries, and mussels (but not me!)  And since it is Lent, we bought chocolate (but didn't eat it) to take home for Easter.

At a fried food place.  Everything was behind glass and you pick what you want fried.  They also had a myriad of sauces for dipping your fries.  We chose mayo and dill pickle sauce.

Behind me is the "Wall of Beer," and I am holding a coconut shell cup with a coconut beer that seriously tasted like a pina colada.  I am wearing Brian's hat because I did not anticipate it being quite so crazy freezing with some serious winds.  My ears were aching.  It was cold.


Next to the "Wall of Beer" was this store full of beers, teas, chocolate, and a lot of Tin Tin stuff.  We took this picture of Isaac in front of it for a friend of his back in the states.

Our lovely travel companion, Hannah and Isaac's godfather.

This is how my Judah rides on these trips.  He looks so funny in it!  He is an angel, and rarely asks to get down.  He'll rid all day with breaks pretty much only for sit down meals.

The canals with swans

Getting my nursing swagger on.

Bell tower in the main square














We tried to eat at this particular restaurant called Bistro De Pompe.  This was the second day and it was warmer out.  We started to sit down at one of the outside tables that were all set up for service with blankets hanging on the chairs and everything.  A waiter came and told us they weren't serving outside today and put 'reserved' signs on all three tables.  When we tried to follow him in, he turned to us and said he was all booked up.  I looked inside where not a single patron was sitting.  All the tables were empty.  I figured what was going on was this guy didn't want our six children in his restaurant or even at the outside tables.  But I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt here and we'd go find another restaurant.  I had to start putting Bobby back in the Ergo as the rest of the group started moving on.  Right then a small group of people walked up and started perusing the posted menu and discussing whether or not to eat there.  I decided to take my time and see what happened.  Sure enough, they decided to go in and were immediately seated by the same waiter at one of the many empty tables.  Caught you red handed, Buster!  And I left a terrible review on TripAdvisor for you too.  We ended up at a very friendly restaurant called Poules Moules.  And I left them a good review.

I let the kids play in the square outside Poules Moules while the guys waited on the food.  We were in for a long drive after that, and the weather was so sunny.  I took some pictures of them.





Look at my fat, beautiful baby!  I love him so much!




Extremely Kissable







Being that we didn't make it to see Jan Van Eyck's artwork in the museum, we at least got a picture of his statue.


I even got a new tea cup which I will forever remember came from one of my most favorite cities in the world.

No comments: