Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love love love to cook for Thanksgiving dinner! This year we are a small group with just our little family and Hannah's ( and soon to be Isaac's) godfather visiting from the states. I love all traditional elements in a Thanksgiving meal, but when I have such a small group and I am the only one cooking for the most part and I have three little ones, I have to pick some favorites.

This year's menu:

Fried Turkey (Brian's in charge of that)
Green bean Casserole (a childhood favorite of mine)
Bread Stuffing (from a recipe I got years ago from Martha Stewart)
Baked and Stuffed Sweet Potatoes ( a new twist on an old favorite)
Homemade American Apple Pie (a taste of home, I tried a new crust this year, so I'll let you know how it turns out)

No pumpkin pie this year due to lack of time and mouths, but I will dearly miss it! Since we are frying the turkey, I won't have any juices with which to make gravy, so I bought some Boston Market gravy. ( I hate to have to do that!) I love to make cranberry sauce also, but had to sacrifice that as well for the canned version. See, I have to also bake cupcakes for Hannah's school celebration of her birthday and then throw together a milk cake and some finger foods for Isaac's baptism this weekend. So, I better get back in the kitchen. :)

Have a happy Thanksgiving! Tell me what Thanksgiving dish you can't live without in the Comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelle,

Thanks for the description of your Thanksgiving. 'Hope it was a lot of fun even if it was a small group! Since you like pumpkin pie, you should sometime try your great aunt Leah's recipe. If you're interested we'll get it to you. Have a great Thanksgiving night!

Grandmother and David

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy, Kelle. We miss sharing holidays with you. I made scalloped corn, gravy, stuffing, apple, and pumpkin pies that I brought over to my neighbors for the feast this year. She had turkey, a roast with carrots, yams, rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and more pies! i am sure I am missing something else, all in all it was very yummy, and filling. Thank goodness I ran 3 miles that morning!

Love to you all,
Sonia