Saturday, March 20, 2010

DRESSing up!


Fashion show time! Or perhaps I should say "Refashion show." Refashioning has been my latest thing. Refashioning is turning old clothes ready for Goodwill into something new and cuter. My husband, in preparation for the move, went through his closet and left a huge pile of old t-shirts and some other things. I stole them all and turned many of them into dresses for the girls. Who knew an old t-shirt, button down shirt, or a pillowcase could be a kid's dress, what about a sweater turning into a diaper cover or a throw pillow? Those are only some of the ideas I found online. The best part is you save ample amounts of time making dresses from old clothes because you reuse some of the hems in the process which means less sewing.

Transformation #1: Daddy's old button down shirt turns into a cute summer dress!

Transformation #2: Daddy's old button down shirt turns into a cute summer dress!

Transformation #3 & 4 (one for each girl): Old pillowcase turns into a summer dress! They will be wearing a shirt under these for sure!


Transformation # 5: Daddy's old Aggie t-shirt turns into a cute long sleeve play dress! (embellishments are from my old Aggie shirt.) These shirts turned out entirely too big, so they will either have to grow into them or I will have to take them in a lot.

Transformation # 6: A couple of daddy's old Aggie t-shirts turn into a cute long sleeve play dress! (I plan to sew a ruffle ribbon around the stitching on this one to cover it up.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how talented is my oldest child!!!!!WOW!!!!!1
MOM