Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Thinker


Who would guess, that my Genevieve would have a post about her titled that? No offense to my adorable, hilarious, and brilliant little girl, but she is known for her backwards, la la land behavior. But she surprises me all the time! Perhaps it is because of her seeming lack of common sense and perpetual state of "Alice in Wonderland" syndrome that these things surprise me. In fact, I am pretty sure that is it. If Hannah asked me where she and Genna would sleep when we walk into a hotel room with only three single beds, I wouldn't think twice about it being unusual and would just answer her. But when Genna comes to me concerned about where she and her sister would sleep in this scenario with a couple of possible solutions, I am struck dumb. (I showed her how the bed was big enough for them to sleep with their heads on opposite sides of the bed and toes in the middle.) Before this trip, she concluded that we were staying overnight by how many diapers I asked her to bring me for Isaac when packing a little overnight bag.

In the dressing room after swim lessons, she figured out that the red on the outside handle was connected to the lock inside. Like I said, not rocket science, but from her it thrills me. I always worry she is just in her own little world too often to notice things. Lately, she's been climbing out of the rabbit hole more and more joining us in the real world and connecting the dots to draw conclusions. (Insert big sigh of relief here.)

No comments: