Friday, March 26, 2010

Superdad to the rescue!

This weekend, I will be sitting in a hotel in Baden-Baden, Germany getting a massage and experiencing the bath town with a book or some sewing alone. Did you catch that? A-L-O-N-E! Brian is going to be Superdad, as Hannah calls him, and take all three kiddos for the whole weekend. This should be interesting to see to what I shall come home. Will it be a house struck by the proverbial tornado? Or perhaps some overly tired kids? (He's already said, "I'm not just sitting around here. We're going somewhere and doing something fun!") Or will I return to Hannah tattle-telling on her dad for doing this or that different than me? My guess is there will definitely be a diaper explosion at some point since Isaac generally only poops once a day now, and I believe my husbands motto is, If it doesn't stink, don't change it. "How will I know?" you may ask. Remember the aforementioned tattle-teller! Perhaps reading this blog might stop some of this from occurring. I know he reads my blog regularly. So, taking that into consideration, I depart with a few final instructions for him.

1. Isaac needs a nap in his bed no earlier than 11:30am and no later than 12:30pm (to give you some flexibility since I love you.) Bedtime for him is 8pm at the latest!
2. Change Isaac's diaper (at least) before his nap to prevent that afternoon explosion we had the other day when I got home late in the day on Saturday.
3. Make sure the kids eat some vegetables. There are vegetables in the freezer that steam in the microwave in less than 5 mins! There are also lots of left overs in the fridge!
4. Don't forget Isaac's nose drops before nap and bedtime!
5. Don't forget to feed the dog too, not just the cat!

Even if I come home to a mess, I won't complain! As long as they are all alive, I will be one happy woman! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the R&R! You're the best!

No comments: