Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tis the season to be sick

I guess this is that time of year. Last year about this time we had three straight months of illness in this house and we seem to be headed down that road again unfortunately. (At least, Brian is here to keep me sane this year!) Since the start of 2010, we’ve had 2 ear infections, 5 bad coughs, 1 mild pneumonia, 4 stomach bugs, 5 rounds of antibiotics, and a partridge in a pear tree! I’m hoping and praying we get a break here. Everyone is better today except for a bit of the stomach bug left in Isaac’s system. We are not all eating normally yet, but on our way to it.

Early in the day last Saturday we were on the way to the library and I actually thought, “This is nice. Our coughs are better. Isaac is almost off antibiotics for his ear infection. Maybe we’ll have a week before something else hits.” The peaceful feeling didn’t last long. On the way home in the car, the stomach bug hit Hannah. Let’s just say, I needed a reason to clean out my car anyway. In the last week, the bug made its way through the house (missing my husband) and I have done record amounts of laundry. I miss and appreciate my mom a lot right now!

By the way, our internet is out right now and that is why I have not been posting regularly. I just ran up to my husband's office to post the last weeks worth of posts that I wrote at home. So have fun catching up! I will be back soon!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I had a feeling things were pretty rough around your house since you hadn't posted in so long. I hope you're done for good this year!

Almudena said...

um, i think you wished your illnesses away and sent them straight to me! just this past week isabella had strep throat(antibiotic), then a cough/cold and now an ear infection (new, stronger antibiotic)! agh! take it back! :)

Kelle said...

I don't want them back, give them to someone else! :) All kidding aside, I hope she gets better soon! I am only one day past the last antibiotic round in our house.