Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tir na nOg

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated with a little Irish soda bread, shepherd's pie, a shamrock/trinity craft, a reading of The story of Saint Patrick by James A. Janda, the traditional St. Patrick's prayer, and...




Hannah and Genna have been taking Irish dancing since the beginning of the year. Genna is the youngest in the class since they usually don't start them until 4 years old. She has trouble with the coordination and frequently says she "can't" do a step. Hannah has really done well, and I was especially amazed at her performance today. Unfortunately, I was so amazed that I did not get it on video. I snapped two pictures, but not good ones. (The girls don't have the special clothes and shoes because I want to see if they are going to stick with it before wasting the money.)

Tir na nOg is the name of the group. Since it was St. Patrick Day, they had a performance open to all levels of dancers at the Irish pub. (I know, kids in a pub, but in Europe this is not unusual.) The more experienced dancers were amazing! Here's another little video of them.

No comments: