Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update

Everyone survived! In fact, I think we all did better than that. When I got home, the dishes were done, the trash taken out, and the kids were all napping or resting quietly in their rooms. My husband makes my job look entirely too easy. He even saved the house from burning down! Really! Genna put her baby doll on the fireplace ledge (while a fire was roaring) and the doll's melting head smell caught Daddy's attention. He saved the day, but the doll was not so fortunate with a burned hole in her head she was chucked in the trash when I got home. Not like we don't have six million dolls anyway!

The only thing I can say didn't get done while I was gone was hair brushing. Brian rarely brushes the girls hair, probably only when they have just bathed. Since there were no baths while I was gone, there was no hair brushing either. I am sure they looked interesting at Mass. Hannah's hair is so long now that not brushing it for two days makes for a painful detangling session. I need to teach her to brush her own hair, I guess. I hadn't thought of it before.

My trip was amazing and quiet, with the exception of the loud Italians down the hall on Saturday night. The food was fantastic at the hotel and elsewhere. My massage was wonderful. When I first walked into the hotel, I felt so light with only a backpack and a small bag. It was weird not to have to haul in all the kid's stuff. The room was so small, and yet I fit just fine in there. My first thought was I could live here. I watched movies, read my book, and hand sewed to my heart's content. On Saturday, I went to Caracalla Therme which is a bunch of different temperature pools and a few different sauna rooms. It is very interesting. The locals just sit and socialize in the water. There is no swimming and no playing. My favorite part was the Aroma Dampfsauna. It was a steam room with mint aromas to inhale. So relaxing! Then I went wandering through the city center and looked in shops. After Mass on Sunday, I went to a Tea/Coffe Room and had ice cream and tea for lunch before heading home. I didn't take many pictures, but here are a couple I took while I was walking around.

I missed my family, of course, and decided to come back after all. :) Whenever I saw a back hoe or a cement mixer, I missed sharing it with my boy. Hannah had Brian call me on Friday night, and this cracked me up, to ask which outfit she was supposed to wear on Saturday and which one was for Sunday. The funny part was when I answered, Brian turns to her and says, "I was right. I told you so." Brian does not pick out clothes for the kids. (The only time I remember him doing that was when I was in the hospital. Hannah wore jeans too small for her the day we brought Genna home from the hospital.) So I left out two outfits for each child and told the girls the dresses were for Sunday Mass. Hannah tried to convince her dad that it was the opposite because it was a new dress that she really wanted to wear. I love my girls!

Conclusion: Daddy gets an A+ and so does Baden-Baden! Since Brian did so well, I am sure he won't mind me doing this every month, right? Ha ha!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Alvarez said...

I went to Caracalla when we were in Baden-Baden!! It was great!! Glad you were able to get some time away! We miss yall!!! Everyone is getting so big!!

Becca said...

I am stuck at the "dishes were done". Wow. 3 kids AND the dishes were done. I'm thinking Pen's not gonna be too happy with Brian :)

Kelle said...

Yes, Becca, but to be fair I had him read your post about Peniel before I went. Perhaps he was trying to prove me wrong as well since he read my pre-trip blog. :) I was surprised though.