Thursday, October 28, 2010

Better late then never!

I have been in the midst of painting our dining room/living room/hallway area since last Saturday. When it is more complete, I will post pictures. I got rid of that hideous red wall! Yea! Anyway, the point is I didn't ever post my G week summary. We focused on gardens and growing. I planted tulip bulbs in the front flower bed, virtually alone since my helpers got sidetracked with a couple of earthworms we found. They all but made them pets! Anyway, we also planted orange seeds and bell pepper seeds indoors too. We'll see if we can keep them going until the spring so we can plant them.

The bell peppers are in the girl's room in a mini green house.



Our only other craft was "gluing grins." They cut out grins from my Martha Stewart magazines and glued them onto their drawn faces. This was a perfect craft for their age. They needed no help at all and there was no set up for me. My favorite kind!

So G week was lower key than some weeks. It is looking like I week will be that way also. H week is coming along nicely. We are learning about horses, habitats, and houses. Lots of good crafts, but no field trip this week. More to come soon...

No comments: