Monday, October 4, 2010

Blessings



Those are my blessings, but that's not what I am talking about. The blessings I am talking about today are the ones my children receive at Mass since they are not old enough for Communion. I love to see them walk up with their arms crossed. Since moving to this area there have been several Eucharistic ministers that have not blessed the kids. My kids will just stand there forever waiting for their blessing if I don't pull them away. It has happened to the girls several times, and now that Isaac is walking instead of being carried it happened to him. The girls now know that if they don't get a blessing that they can go on ahead and sit down. At First Friday Mass, this happened and I tried to pull Isaac along with me. He turns to me and with a slap of his leg and in his loudest voice he said, "BUT MOM! I DIDN'T GET MY BLESS!" It was the cutest thing. He gets frequent smiles an chuckles from the priests since we sit on the front row and he says the responses just a few beats too late and sings the Alleluia when only the priest is singing it. He also has greeted the priest with a "Hi Father!" when he is waiting for the gifts to be brought down.

No comments: