Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dinosaurs everywhere!

Dinosaur Tattoo: This was more because I was painting the girls' nails and he wanted his painted too. Last time, I just painted his toes clear and he was happy, but daddy wasn't. This time, daddy was home and told him he couldn't do that because it was only for girls, so I told him I would think of something special for him.

Funny thing is he looks like a girl in these pictures with his necklace and flower even without the painted nails...


Here I tried to get him to pose more manly...


Looks like Mr. T to me!

Drawing Dinosaurs: Hannah went to town during her quiet time one day during D week with a how to draw dinosaurs book that I got from the library. I was very impressed!


Dinosaur Window Art: I found this craft in a dinosaur crafting book I found at the library. I taped down some Saran Wrap to the table on top of a picture of a dinosaur. The I gave them permanent markers and covered my eyes because permanent markers in the hands of small children are a scary thing! Isaac actually got some washable markers and colored in my traced Triceratops. I am not brave enough to give him a permanent marker yet. Anyway then the girls traced the dinos and added some background. I stuck them right to our sliding glass door windows and there you have our beautiful window art.


The pictures didn't come out so great as you can see, so I had Hannah hold a white piece of paper behind the window so I could take the picture. In case you hadn't noticed, I am making a photo record of our homeschooling activities, especially the ones that are not easily kept in a folder. This is mainly for me (and you all, of course,) but also for the state of Maryland.



We read lots of dinosaur books this week form the library and from our collection. I introduced lots of huge words, like paleontologist, carnivore, herbivore, habitat, and Jurassic. They watched a few episodes of one of their favorite shows as a group (one of the few shows they can all agree upon) Dinosaur Train. I love it too because it is so educational. In fact, Genna already knew what an herbivore was from watching that show. I had planned to go to the dinosaur museum at the Smithsonian on Friday, but the week was just too exhausting and I would have been going alone since my friend canceled. We will have to find another time to go.

Dentist visit: This was our field trip for the week. Perfect timing for the dentist...during D week! I know, not as fun as the dinosaur museum would have been. All of us had our teeth cleaned, even Isaac! He watched his sisters go first and was super brave. He was nervous about the moving chair, but we pretended it was a rocket ship and he was good to go. He held his mouth open long enough to have them counted, checked out, and cleaned. After that, he asked if he could "get down now." They all three picked different flavor toothpaste. Hannah and Genna even got X-rays for the first time. The dentist thinks all three of them will most likely ave to have braces since their teeth are all crowded now and that it will probably only get worse when the permanent teeth come in. That's going to cost us, huh? I'll have to start praying now for their teeth.

D verse: "Do everything without complaining or arguing." Phillipians 2:14 They all have all four verses memorized and hidden in their hearts. Many times have these verses been brought up by one of the children when dealing with everyday issues which makes me happy.

No comments: