Friday, December 17, 2010

In all it's glory!

Our Christmas tree! I promised another picture since the last one was fuzzy. So I took this one during the daylight hours. Notice the trains beside it!




Then I thought it would be fun to take pictures of our oldest and newest ornament.

The oldest I believe is this one from my childhood. She has an eye drawn on and was thought too ugly for my mom's tree anymore so I took charge of her. She reminds me of the times when I was little that my mom trusted me enough to put on ornaments that I could play with during the Christmas season on the bottom of the tree. I used to take them off and pretend with them. I am sentimental, I guess. The girls were surprised that I would want her on the tree so I had to explain the sentimental value.


Here is the ornament we bought this year at Butler's Orchard when cutting down our tree. We got apple cider inside the store and were about to pay for the tree we chopped down when I saw it. It is a nice heavy duty ornament of the holy family. Maybe this ornament will survive the years and be passed down to one of my children.

No comments: