Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stop by for a visit at our house!

Come on over and see more finishing touches on our dining and formal living room walls. Remember that I painted them a while back. Mushroom bisque is the color of choice. I finally made decisions about where to put holes in the walls. Who wants to put holes in walls after you finish laboring over covering up a million holes and blemishes in the walls? So I enjoyed the clean bare look for a while.

This is our entry hall from the front door into the formal living room. I was going for a very miniature version of a family tree. There is room to extend it on the other side of the tree if I decide to do so.

Remember our old travel hallway in Germany? Well, here is the new version with as few holes in the wall as possible. Check out my new favorite pillows from Ikea! Brian is going to build me some bookshelves for this room, but it will be a while before he gets to such a project. Especially since I think it is third on his list after the matching wine rack and a train table for Isaac's room.

Our dining room is continuing our European theme with our Belgian wine bar (you can only see a corner of it in this picture,) the Black Forest cuckoo, some wine art, and a picture of the the cathedral in Florence Italy (that was too heavy for the shelves.) I am hoping one day to happen across a good deal on a corner hutch for my tea sets, but for now they have to hide away in my kitchen cabinets.


Since most of my house is overrun with trains and dolls usually, I try to keep this one area nice and adult. We eat only dinner at our dining room table. The formal living room is also where our Christmas tree is right now so it is a popular place for the kids right now, but after the tree comes down it goes back to being our room for prayer, religion, and guests.

No comments: