Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What are we doing for Advent this year?

First, the decorations and such...

Advent wreath, I got the last candle kit at Micheal's! Yea!


Jesse tree

Jesse tree book and the basket of waiting ornaments.

Advent Calendar that I got at Joann's.

Our nativity and Jesus' manger being made soft by my little ones' good deeds.

Our daily Advent activities are to read from Tabitha's Travels: A Family Story for Advent, to do our Advent Calendar, and to do our Jesse Tree readings and put on the ornament of the day. It is a little bit much for Isaac and he has decided that he doesn't like the "Tabitha book" so he usually joins us when we get past that part.

As for crafts and projects, I plan to work on assembling our long overdue prayer book which is a major project. Plus, I found this super fun and easy idea at Catholic Icing for the kids to make their own nativity.

I still have a few Christmas presents to make, but all the rest have been made or purchased and are ready to wrap. Christmas cards are addressed and waiting to go out as soon as the letter is printed out and stuffed in the envelopes. Wow, I thought I hadn't done very much and was behind schedule, but now I feel like I am doing alright.

No comments: