Thursday, February 10, 2011

Firsts

First time for Hannah to make dinner...almost by herself! She read the recipe and added all the ingredients. I just had to get the spices down for her, teach her about measuring abbreviations and cups/spoons, and chop the onions. She did the rest and the result was a very tasty crock pot tomato soup. She was very proud! This was her math lesson for the day.



First time for me to make a fire...EVER! It wasn't a roaring fire like Daddy makes, but I was just proud that I got it going. We moved home-school up to the living room today since the basement was just too cold!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Very very impressed Hannah! I didn't cook my first meal till college... and then it didn't turn out too well.
And congrats Kelle to honing your fire skills. That's something I'm much more confident in than cooking. I was a little pyro as a child :)