Friday, February 25, 2011

Speck: boy or girl?

We don't find out for another 7 weeks or so, but Isaac keeps referring to Speck as a boy "like him." So I just mentioned during our cuddle time the other night that Speck might be a girl.

His reply was, "I will just tell him to be a boy like me." (Hannah's really taught him how to be a big sibling, hasn't she? Boss, boss, and boss some more!)

"Well," I explained, "The baby might be a girl, and that will be okay too. You can still teach her boy things and the girls can teach her girl things. And just maybe she will like trains even more than Genna does."

Isaac replies, "When I grow up, Mom, I'm going to drink coffee like Daddy. Right now I drink hot chocolate because I am little."

Okay, I guess that conversation is over. Not so sure that I convinced him.

No comments: