Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A person's a person, no matter how small!

Even if the person is just over 3 cms tall!

(On the left is the 8 week ultrasound, and on the right is the 10 week ultrasound.)

We are thrilled to announce our newest addition to the family! I am now over 10 weeks pregnant and have had two ultrasounds already that confirm that the baby is healthy and everything is going well. The due date is September 2nd, right at the beginning of the next home-schooling year. So I plan to start the school year in August so we can take a few weeks off when the baby is born if we need to or at least take it easy.

The kids went with me to the first ultrasound at 8 weeks because it was last minute appointment. At the end of the appointment, I was getting Isaac back in the stroller to leave and Genna started to have a melt down because she did not want to walk to the car. She wanted to be in the stroller. In a sad attempt to distract her from her woes, I said, "Aren't you excited that you saw the baby and even got a picture of your own of the baby to keep?" My typically sweeter than sugar daughter surprisingly replied, "I didn't even see a baby! I just saw a fuzzy little speck of dust!" I responded with a quote from Horton Hears a Who. The point of this story is that we have taken to nicknaming this baby Speck due to Genna's description and the book Horton Hears a Who.

I have had nicknames for all of my babies in utero before we find out the gender. Hannah was Little Turkey since she was due near Thanksgiving. Genna was my Mayflower since she was due in May. Isaac was Peanut or Tiny Little Nut because Hannah called him that during the first ultrasound. The baby we lost was Sweet Pea.

It looks like the secret is out. Literally, I can't hide any longer. I popped out this week and am looking well over my 10 weeks that I am. Oh, my poor stomach muscles! They just can't hold it in anymore! Ha ha! As was to be expected, I am going to have to do the early Glucose diabetes test again due to my gigantic babies, but so far it has always come back negative.

7 comments:

Lena said...

Deo gratias!

Velvet said...

Congratulations!!!

Kristen said...

Yay! Congrats! And yep, my tummy muscles gave up with Stephen as well. Guess three babies tends to be the limit, huh? Honestly, I have just really gotten back to my former size...and I have been exercising and doing situps for months now! Anyway, we are so excited for you guys!!!

Kelle said...

Thanks! We're super happy!

Virginia Wright said...

What an absolutely beautiful family you have! Congratulations on "Speck".

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Congratulations to you! What wonderful news!

Jennifer said...

I love this post and can't wait for more Speck stories! You look so cute already!!