Saturday, June 11, 2011

An equation for a disaster

7 month pregnant mom + wave pool + almost 3 year old = disaster


Seriously! And to think this was my idea! Don't know what I was thinking, but within minutes of getting in and sitting in the shallow waves I had been knocked on my back and couldn't get up. Embarrassing, to say the least, that I fell at all, but then it took me so long to get off my back. I had been holding Isaac's hand while he jumped the little waves. I was getting pushed around a lot by the waves and tried to readjust myself to get more steady and that's when a wave knocked me on my back. Isaac went down with me, and so while trying to hold his head above the water I attempted to right myself. I pulled something out of place in my back in the process, but it wasn't too bad and we were able to continue playing for the 3 hours we intended to be there. My back was sore for the rest of the day, but it feels much better today.


Getting in the intertube was no easy feat either. My mom had to help me and then hand Isaac to me. Plus, despite the fact that Genna is a pretty strong swimmer, the girl can not time her jumps to save her life. She would jump just a moment too early and then come up in the middle of a wave that covers her head. So we had to keep a very close eye on her. We ended up putting life jackets on everybody so I didn't have to worry so much about them. The point is, I was crazy to think we could do that with me being so big and off balance. I am not as nimble as I used to be. Getting old! We both forgot our cameras too, so no pics and certainly no video of me floundering around in the waves to end up on YouTube.

No comments: