Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MIA

We are still in Texas, but I have been sick for the last week with a bad cold. I have been running on maintenance mode, and that means just keeping the kids alive and relatively entertained. So that's why I have been neglecting my blog.

We did finally get to have our first real swim of the summer this past week. The beginning of it was a bit traumatic because they had forgotten their swimming skills. I was seriously doubting my decision to not do year round swim lessons this year. There was some screaming. I admit it, but all's well that ends well. By the end, Hannah was swimming across the short side of the pool beautifully. Genna was swimming almost as far as last year to me and back to the steps and had gained some control to swim more "peacefully" (i.e. not splashing her limbs as much.) Isaac was comfortable to blow bubbles and trust us to throw him and catch him. He is not ready for going underwater yet. He has been having some ear pain when his ears get water in them in the bathtub, so I am not pushing the underwater thing until we figure out what's going on with his ear. Overall, it went well and I was happy to have so much adult help with the kids.

Really, other than a few other short trips places, we just haven't done much because of my cold. I am feeling better now, but I still have the residual cough and running/stuffy nose to drive me crazy. I'll get back to setting up posts more regularly here now.

No comments: