Sunday, March 25, 2012

Braids on Sunday

Due to Drew's nap schedule lately we have been going to a later Sunday mass. This gives us extra time in the morning to get ready. So this Sunday I tried my hand at some complicated braiding. I got my ideas from this blog and this website. I didn't follow the directions exactly, but I think I got the gist of it. The girls love it!

Hannah had a crown braid which took a long, long time to do.

Genna had a headband braid which wasn't too labor intensive.


If you remember, Genna gave up vanity for Lent. (Side story: The other day she asked how much longer Lent would be, and then said, "I can't wait to have vanity again when Lent is over." Umm, missing the point?)The girls have been memorizing 1 Peter 3:3-4 which talks about beauty not coming from braided hair and jewelry, but from the inside. Since it was Sunday though, I thought I could indulge them in just a little gussying up for Jesus. Not to mention that I equate a fancy, challenging hairdo to a work of art, and I love creating pretty things.

1 comment:

almudena said...

"i can't wait to have vanity again" HAHAHAHAHAHA!! takes after her aunty almudena. :)