Saturday, March 24, 2012

Look, Mom! No training wheels!

for Hannah or Genna!

The girls learned on the same day to ride their bikes without training wheels (on the 8th of March during our Spring Break). They needed a little encouragement to try this, so I instituted an incentive. If they could learn to ride their bike a given distance (our driveway down to the cul-de-sac, around, and back to our driveway) without stopping completely on their own with no training wheels before the 6th of June then I would take them to a movie at the theater. Brian took the pedals and wheels off for a while to learn the balance part. I talked my mom into teaching them to ride a bike. They were willing, so I screwed the pedals back on. In no time, Genna was off and riding, and my competitive Hannah wasn't far behind. The differences between the girls was evident in their journey to master the two wheeled bike. Genna was the daredevil, and Hannah was super cautious.

I guess I owe them a movie! Hope I can find a G rated mom approved one in the not too distant future. If all else fails, we'll wait until Earth Day and see the Chimpanzee movie that I am dying to see anyway.

One of these days I hope to get a picture of them in action on their bikes.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow! Congratulations, girls! =)