Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Droid: 37 Weeks


My little monster started eating normally again, but gets upset when I put him into the highchair for just a couple minutes.  Once I get him some Cheerios he stops fussing and eats them until his main meal arrives.  He tried hummus and hard boiled egg yolk this week.  He is getting better at picking up food and making most of it end up in his mouth instead of everywhere else.  These are the moments I miss having a dog.  I spend a lot more time sweeping and scrounging the floor for dropped food than I ever did when Murray was around.

Drew is pulling up on higher things now, like kitchen chairs.  He is saying "Uh Oh" all day everyday.  He is starting to figure out how to play "So Big" but hasn't mastered it 100% yet.  His fourth tooth (the other top front tooth) came through finally after looking like it was going to drag his gums down with it for two weeks. 

As for his schedule, he took the third nap whenever we were able to give it to him.  Since we had a busy week with our friends in town we were out more in the evenings.  The days we were out in the evenings he skipped it and was just a little fussy around 5pm, but dinner at 5:30pm seemed to recharge him.  We went to lunch after Mass on Sunday and it was right at nap time.  He was good for the first half, but just got too overly tired and I had to walk with him in the sling a bit to help him fall asleep.  Once he did it was time to leave and I was able to transfer him to the car seat and then to his bed at home so he could finish his (total) 2 hour nap.  Even after that being later in the day he still was so ready for his evening nap just a smidgen later than usual (5:15-5:45pm.)  I guess we wore him out.



You can see three of his four teeth in this picture.

Notice Drew is nearly always looking at the camera and smiling.  I was just taking a picture of Isaac relaxing all cute, but Drew thought he was in it too, so I zoomed out.

Good morning, Boys!
Drew has a new favorite toy.  This soccer ball that is squishy is his bestie, but pretty much any ball that he can carry around will do in a pinch.  If he needs both of his hands, or they are full of other toys while he is trying to crawl, he will carry it around in his mouth like a dog.  I'll have to get a picture of that!

"I never go anywhere without a ball in my hand!  This one is my favorite.  I can even crawl with it in my hand." ~Drew

No comments: