Monday, October 29, 2007

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades!

I was changing Genna's diaper before bed and it was dry. That means it stayed dry all the way since she woke up from her nap. So I asked her if she wanted to try to sit on the potty and she agreed to try it out. We've been practicing sitting on it, but she hasn't actually figured out what to do there yet (except for wipe with toilet paper-that seems to be her favorite part.) Well, as we are heading into the bathroom, Hannah announces that she has to go soooo badly and absolutely can't wait. Well, I didn't want Hannah to have an accident and I thought she could be fast so I distracted Genna with a potty book. In hindsight, I should have called Brian to take Hannah upstairs or help her on the big potty. Well, I was trying to get Hannah quickly off the potty when I hear the sound that says I am already too late! Genna was so very close to going on the potty for the very first time! Also, I had to throw the potty book Genna was reading away because I didn't know how to clean urine off of it. It seems the initiation into motherhood never ends! It's just one big hazing incident after another!
Genna cuddled up on the couch with her mittens still on from playing outside.

No comments: