Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A brave social butterfly at the doctor!

Hannah had to go to the doctor today. So I prepped her by telling her exactly what the doctor would do and that I would be there the whole time. She took her Pooh bear to sit with her on the examination table. I told her that I wanted her to be a brave girl. So she marched right in and got on the scale. After the nurse took her temp, she said, "I'm being a brave girl!" The nurse said, "I like this girl!" He showed her the pain scale pictures and asked her how much it hurt. He described the faces..happy, a little sad, pretty sad, and then asked how she felt. She said, "I like to be happy!" That's my Hannah! She settled on a little hurt/sad after I explained what he was asking again. She was very brave for the doctor too, and kept reminding me and him of that fact the whole time.
At the lab, she struck up a conversation with a doctor in the waiting area. They talked about all kinds of things. She pretty much told him her life story, down to the color of her daddy's eyes! She cracks me up! She doesn't get this social streak from me or Brian! She and Genna (she behaved during the appointment too) split "pink" ice cream in a cup after the appointment, since there is a little ice cream/coffee place in the building.
The appointment was right in the middle of nap time, so they slept for the 20 minute car ride on the way there. So they were pooped this evening. Genna was asking to go to bed at 6:15pm! Whew! I am tired too!

No comments: