Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Be quiet, Mom. Jesus is talking to me right now."

Our Bible story last night was about Jesus praying in the garden to God. We were discussing praying and talking to God which led a discussion on listening to God. I tried to explain that sometimes God talks to her and tells her things in her heart like that she should love her sister by sharing her toys and that she should listen to her mommy. While I was explaining this, she put her hand over my mouth, bends her ear down as close to her heart as she can get it(the cutest part, if you ask me), and says, "Be quiet, Mom. Jesus is talking to me right now." A moment later, she lays back down and says, "Jesus told me that it is time to read my other book now." We always read the book that she picks out after the Bible story or religious book that I choose. :) I guess she was ready to move on.

Jesus has talked to her many times today as well. On the way to Mass, I was shushed again so that she could hear the still quiet voice within her. When I asked her what He had to say this time, she told me Jesus told her to be a good girl during Mass. I was relieved to hear that Jesus' voice wasn't only being used to get her own way! All the rest of Hannah's revelations have been holy in nature so far.

No comments: