Thursday, October 25, 2007

My first shattered crystal bowl...I think this is part of my initiation into motherhood!

Well, I guess it was bound to happen sometime! I was cooking dinner last night when I heard the crystal bowl we got for our wedding hit the tile floor and shatter into a million pieces. I know what you are all thinking. Why would I have something valuable and breakable where the kids can reach it? The answer is that it wasn't. I am still not quite sure how it got broken since it was well above the reach of the 4 little hands in this house. My best guess is that the balloon got thrown into it, the string was pulled to retrieve it, and the bowl was pulled off the shelf with it. My only clue was the balloon laying in the middle of the mess, and Genna was saying, "Boon" over and over again. The culprit was of course Genevieve, as many of you who know the girl's personalities could guess (Hannah is too careful most of the time to do something like this). Thank God she wasn't hurt! I picked her up and immediately searched her for cuts. Somehow her precious body went unharmed. I am so glad it didn't land on her head or something because it was heavy (1/2 inch thick of crystal).

Brian comes home tonight, and unfortunately I have lots of bad news for him. However, he will be more upset that I missed the garbage truck that comes only every other week than about the broken bowl. I had it all ready to take to the curb and was going to do so after I got the kids to bed, but I totally forgot. I woke up the next morning at 6:30am to the sound of the truck. I jumped up and ran out there as fast as I could, but still missed it. And that was the one thing he asked me to make sure and do while he was gone! Man, I feel badly. I am trying to make it better by making my tummy warming spaghetti and meatballs AND his favorite cookies too. Hannah is going to help me make the chocolate chip cookies when she gets up from her nap. I doubt this makes up for the rest of the bad news, but at least he will feel loved!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow...your girls sound just like ours! Allia is so careful and cautious, but Mariana specializes in making things that should be safe unimaginably dangerous! Too bad they can't play together. I bet they would have tons of fun. ;-)