Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Yesh, Ma'm"

That is what Genna said to me when I asked if she wanted some milk with her snack yesterday. How sweet and unexpected was that! Usually I just get a grunt with a nod or an "Uh huh." It's so great that she learns things just by hearing me teach Hannah! It is almost like a two for one deal!

Here's something out of character for Genna. We had some new friends over for dinner last night. They have a son just a couple months younger than Genna. So, the kids played well together during the evening, and Genna started saying a word we did not understand at first, "Day." Hannah told us that she was saying, "Dreydon," which is the little boy's name. And sure enough, she was! When it was time for them to leave, as his mom was getting him in the stroller for their two minute walk home, Genna was getting upset saying, "Day, nein! Nein!" I explained that Dreydon had to go home because it was bedtime. I asked her if she wanted to go "night night" and get her baby(a Sleeping Beauty doll), Bubba (her pacifier-Hannah named it that when she was a baby), and Nanni (a blankie that has an elephant head on one corner-I don't know why she named it that). She sleeps with all of these things for every nap and bedtime. Usually, suggesting "night, night" gets her excited! She loves bedtime, believe it or not! But she did not care last night. She just wanted "Day." I had to pry the door out of her hands so I could close it when they left. She cried/threw a fit for "Day" until I gave her Bubba and got her dressed for bed. How strange for my shy, unsocial little one to do this! That is something Hannah would do. Come to think of it, maybe she learned it from Hannah...

No comments: