Monday, October 1, 2007

A day in the life of a mom: A grape dance, some puke, and a booger

Well, our day started relatively uneventful with a trip to the grocery store where the girls shared snacks and gave me a fairly peaceful shopping trip. When we got home, they helped me unload the groceries and put them away. Yes, a one year old and an almost three year old actually helped get every single thing out of the bags so that I could put them away (except the milk jugs and laundry detergent for obvious reasons.) I was impressed with my little helpers!

Then I decided to try a fun lunch for the girls with fresh fruit and vegetables in the shape of a smiley face and cucumber sandwiches. While I was cleaning and cutting the fruit, Genna spied the grapes and began what can only be called a "grape dance." She turned in circles singing, "Grapes...grapes..." with a nice little melody. I tried to run to get it on video, but, of course, she would not do it again when I got back. In fact, her sweet excitement had died and she was now mad because I was not focusing on getting her those grapes! Bad mommy!
Genna ate the sandwiches willingly, but Hannah took some convincing. She usually likes cucumbers and pickles, so I thought this wouldn't be too big of a deal. Plus, I put cream cheese on them! Anyway, I really had to convince Hannah to eat just a tiny square of her sandwich with a promise that I wouldn't make her eat it EVER again. She takes her last bite and then I hear, "Uh oh, Mommy! Help me!" She had puked all her lunch up! Now how bad do I feel for convincing her to eat that TINY piece of sandwich? Bad mommy again! I swear they weren't that bad! Genna and I ate them!

Oh, yes! The booger! Genna stuck her finger up her nose. When I told her to stop it, she pulled it out and handed me an imaginary booger and said, "Booger!" She learned this from Hannah, of course, who has become quite the nose picker since she has had a "snuffy nose" (translation= stuffy nose) lately. Hannah does teach her sister good things, so I guess I should expect some bad habits to be transferred as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a good mom! I hope that my children turn out just as well.
Just wanted to cancel out some of the "bad mommy"s with some good mommy!!