Friday, October 26, 2007

My little pumpkin didn't want to get her hands dirty!

Well, here is our pumpkin. Hannah calls it "Hannah's pumpkin." Genna calls it "Hot pump" because I told her it was hot when I lit the candle. So she ran around the house saying "Hot pump, hot pump!" all afternoon.

Hannah picked out the face out of a bunch that I found online. Other than that, she did not participate too much in the making of "Hannah's pumpkin." She was really excited about helping me carve the pumpkin. However, when I removed the top and she saw the stringy pulp, she bailed on me. She informed me there was no way she was getting her hands dirty touching that yucky stuff! What a little priss I have for a daughter! I have been told that I was like that too when I was little...by my mom.

Anyways, I roasted the pumpkin seeds and they are delicious. That's my favorite part of the whole pumpkin carving event. Here's my recipe:

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

pumpkin seeds

oil
garlic powder
paprika
cayenne pepper
salt
black pepper
brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325C (170F). Toss seeds with the remaining ingredients and spread out on a rimmed cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes. Scrape off of pan and allow to cool.


If you don't like one of the ingredients, leave it out. The oil and salt are the important ones!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love "Hannah's Pumpkin"! :) Kent and I are carving one tonight; so we might try your roasted pumpkin seeds!



Also, I started a blog! :) There are pictues up of Kent and what not!