Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pancake Dinner

The girls and I made pancakes and read a book about Curious George making pancakes on tonight. I let them drop M&M's in one of their pancakes since we didn't have any blueberries or chocolate chips. And Isaac had his first pancakes ever! I was not sure if he would be able to chew them up since he gags and chokes so easily still, but he did great! He loved them! No M&M's for him though! He is a total mess every night now that he is trying to feed himself. He's been in the bath a lot more often lately. It is nice not to have to worry about food in the hair though! That always made me cringe with the girls.

Anyways, to cover the main food groups, we also had scrambled eggs and a salad with rhubarb (oven roasted with honey), goat cheese, walnuts, and arugula with a balsamic vinaigrette. The salad was delicious! I got it from a Martha Stewart magazine. Genna liked the arugula and the goat cheese, and Hannah liked everything except for the goat cheese. I was surprised they liked any of it since it was so new and all mixed together. My girls usually prefer things all separated out. They are not big casserole fans!

No comments: