Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cool Down Corner


I set up this Cool Down Corner, not as a replacement for the Time Out Corner as one discipline book recommended, but as a tool to help avoid needing the Time Out Corner. I had the girls help me a bit with setting it up at the beginning of the summer. We put books, stuffed animals, and a blankie in a box next to this chair in my bedroom by the window. It worked much better at first until the novelty of it wore off. However, in general, it works better for Genna than for Hannah. Genna seems to just need to cool off in a comfortable spot that seems enjoyable to her, whereas, Hannah usually refuses to go, feeling like it is already a punishment, when she is starting to loose her temper and ends up cooling off in her bedroom where I put her. On the other hand, Isaac thinks it is a super cool place to chill when I am cleaning up my room.

No comments: