Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Sibling Talk: Ways they show their love



Isaac is into kissing the girls now, and they love it (well, except when he has a snotty nose)! I love when he cuddles with me and pats my back.

The girls do hug and kiss, but they have some super sweet ways of expressing their love. One of my favorites is when one of them gets a scrape they would rather have sister clean it with a wash cloth than me. I still get Band-Aid duty though. One child always takes on this caring role of nurse while the other plays the patient with the forlorn look on her face. So sweet to see their tender side!

Hannah often will sing to Genna or even hold her on the couch when she is sad. Genna's a sensitive soul, so she gets sad more often. Genna will call Hannah Sweetie or Honey with a soft voice and a tilt of her head as she tries to comfort her.

Hannah shows love through helping her sister and brother. While Genna shows love wonderfully through sharing and taking turns. Both girls show enormous amounts of love for their little brother by playing with him and offering comforting words when he is upset.

No comments: