Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The story of our life…

…is saying Good bye, it seems. We are always moving, and if it’s not us it is our friends who are moving away. This year we even had my husband “move,” temporarily at least. This time it is our dear priest who will be bidding us Good bye as he moves on to his next assignment. We have grown quite attached to him and his homilies. He is the only one I allowed to get away with teasing me about my growing belly when I was pregnant with Isaac, but even I was convinced I was carrying a secret twin in there. He baptized Isaac when he finally came into this world.

The girls were devastated when I told them we were making a Good bye gift for Father. “Will the next priest be just like Father R?” “What if he doesn’t want our flowers that we bring him? “Will he put them on the altar before Mass like Father R did?” (The girls always pick flowers on the way into Mass and run up to give them to Father and he always places these tiny dandelions on the altar before he starts Mass.) The questions were panicky and concerned. I think this is probably harder on them because of missing their daddy. Too many Good byes all at one time!

Sunday was our last Mass with him and we wish him well on his next adventure! God Bless you, Father R! You’ll always have a special place in our hearts!

No comments: